Jan 20, 2010

My Safeway Trip 1/20





In my last post, I outlined my scenario for the cereal/fruit snacks. Here is how it turned out:
I spent $2.46 OOP and I still have a $2.50 ONYO to use on Saturday when the goldfish go on sale for $.88/bag (they are currently on sale for 4/$5 or $1.25 each).

I went to all three "card loading" sites for Safeway: Cellfire, Shortcuts, and PG&E Saver before I left and loaded ALL of the coupons--who knows when you will have to run to the store on a whim without your coupons. I did realize that there were Betty Crocker gummy snacks on multiple sites but didn't they they would accept them. When I checked out, it actually subtracted $.50 twice for two of the different coupons. YAY!

While at the store, I thought I would see if I could get the Lever 2000 deal (on sale for $.88 - $1/1). The coupon states that it is for a 4 pack. When I went to the store I was disappointed to see that the sale price was on a 2 pack. I decided to try it anyways -- keep in mind that the stores DO get their money back for these. It worked!! I was paid $.12/bar to take the soap off their hands. Woo Hoo!

 

So, on the 1st transaction, it went just like I laid out HERE. I also added one pack of Lever 2000 (I didn't want to bring up all of the boxes to get shot down with my coupon). I got 4 boxes of BC gummy snacks and one two-pack of Lever 2000. After coupons, my total was $.96 AND I got back a $2.50 ONYO. (THIS WAS A SAVINGS OF 94%!!)

On the 2nd transaction, I got 4 boxes of gummy snacks and 4 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios. After coupons (including the ONYO I received in transaction #1) my total was $1.50 AND I received another ONYO for $2.50. (THIS WAS A SAVINGS OF 94%!!)



I wanted to get more soap (with the rest of the coupons I had on hand -- there were 3) and my husband requested I get a couple bottles of wine so I went back and picked up 3 more 2-packs of Lever 2000 and 2 bottles of wine. I didn't use my ONYO for this because I wanted to save it for the Goldfish deal on Saturday (plus I didn't know if I could use it on the wine). I wasn't even sure this would work because I had $.12 overage on each 2-pack of soap and I didn't know if it would apply toward wine. Sure enough, it did! So, I got 6 more bars of soap for free!!

THE BREAKDOWN
4 boxes of honey nut cheerios, 8 boxes of gummy snacks (my girls love these but I rarely get them so I will keep them hidden for special occasions), and 8 bars of soap for $2.46 out of pocket and I still have a $2.50 ONYO to use on Saturday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Acronyms

MQ/MFR - Manufacturer Coupon
SQ - Store Coupon
SS - Smart Source Insert
RP - Red Plum Insert
PG - Proctor & Gamble Insert
BOGO - Buy One Get One
wyb - when you buy
YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary
B&M - Brick & Mortar (store)
MIR - Mail-in-Rebate
OOP - Out of Pocket
Inserts - Coupon inserts in Sunday's Paper
ECB - Extra Cash Bucks (CVS)
RR - Register Reward (Walgreens)
Wags - Walgreens
AC - After Coupons
AR - After Rebates
CAT - Catalina (coupon to use on your next order)
ONYO - On Your Next Order (used interchangeably with CAT)
GDA - Good Deal Alert

Cash Back Sites


ShopAtHome Banner




Followers

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com