Feb 9, 2010

Walgreens Huggies Trip - 2/9


I finally made my way to Walgreen's last night to get the Huggies Deal. I was actually quite nervous because my favorite store was sold out of the Little Movers in size 4 (I have 20 of the $2/1 Qs from the Safeway book) and I haven't always had a good experience at this particular Walgreens. :(

As usual, I planned my trip down to the last detail (I scouted a few clearance items the day before).



My plan:
(9) packages of Huggies Diapers (mostly Little Movers)
(4) Febreeze Air Effects Sprays - On clearance for $.99 each. I had (2) $1/1 and (2) $.50/1
(5) Glade Oil Warmers - I had (5) Buy Galde Oil Refill, Get Glade Warmer FREE Qs
(5) Glade Oil Refills - I had (5) $2.00/1 Glade Oil Refills Peelies
(17) 3 Musketeers Bars - Fillers (Buy 3, get $1 RR; Buy 4, get $1.50 RR)
(2) Shout Wipes - Used $.55/1 Shout Q
(2) Post Shredded Wheat - Used $2/1 Post Q
(2) Dove Men+Care - Used (2) $1.50/1 Dove Men+Care Printable
(7) Glade 4 oz. Candles - Clearance for $1.12 each. Used (2) $3/2 Glade Fragrance Collection printable (no longer available). Used 4.50/1. I only ended up with 5 -- two of the candles were gone.
(2) Gallons of Milk - $2.89/gallon
(2) Boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats

In the picture below, you will also see a few things I picked up at Target last night:
(2) Gillette Deodorant
(2) Gillette Men's Body Wash
(2) Method Hand Soaps



My total for all you see here was $41.24 (before tax, after all coupons and RR). This may sound like a lot but even if I hadn't gotten anything else, this is still cheaper than the regular Target Up & Up diapers I get for $5.99/package (after coupons)!
I usually pay $.19/diaper. Even if I had paid $41.24 for only the diapers, that is still $.16/diaper!

I have already submitted my SC Johnson rebates but if I hadn't, I could have submitted for an additional $15 off!

As usual everything didn't go exactly as planned but I have learned that is to be expected. The good thing was that I actually talked to the store manager last night and he was super nice (I didn't realize he was the store manager at first. haha). In turn, the cashier was also very friendly, even joking that she would be waiting and prepared for me next time. :) YAY!

This is always a learning process and I'm excited to continue on this "money-saving" journey!




Acronyms

MQ/MFR - Manufacturer Coupon
SQ - Store Coupon
SS - Smart Source Insert
RP - Red Plum Insert
PG - Proctor & Gamble Insert
BOGO - Buy One Get One
wyb - when you buy
YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary
B&M - Brick & Mortar (store)
MIR - Mail-in-Rebate
OOP - Out of Pocket
Inserts - Coupon inserts in Sunday's Paper
ECB - Extra Cash Bucks (CVS)
RR - Register Reward (Walgreens)
Wags - Walgreens
AC - After Coupons
AR - After Rebates
CAT - Catalina (coupon to use on your next order)
ONYO - On Your Next Order (used interchangeably with CAT)
GDA - Good Deal Alert

Cash Back Sites


ShopAtHome Banner




Followers

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com